At CrossFit Alpha Dog we offer Olympic Weightlifting classes designed to focus solely on the Clean, Jerk, and Snatch. These classes are run by USAW Level 1 Sports Performance Coach and Crossfit Level 1 Trainer, Bob Bondiman. Read More about Bob on our Coaches Page.
Check out our Schedule Page for class times.
Message to Oly Lifting Class Participants
Please bring / do the following for the class;
- A roll of 1.5 inch cloth athletic tape (I will have extra for the first class)
- Wear lifting shoes if you have them or if no lifting shoes, then try a shoe with a solid sole and heel such as a work boot or dress shoe; running or a general athletic shoe is the least preferred option.
- Wear sweat pants that go to the ankle or if you wear shorts, then long socks that come up to the knee to protect the shins from cuts and abrasions from the bar. Personally, I prefer long sweat pants for O lift training.
- A good supply of water or the sport drink of your choice.
- Don’t do any Crossfit workouts before the Olympic lifting workout so you at full strength and energy.
For those new to the class or O lifting, we will be going over technique for the Snatch and Clean & Jerk. Flexibility and the ability to get into the correct lifting positions is key to success and this will be the first thing we will work on. It will take me a couple of sessions to see where each of you is at in terms of flexibility and technique. As I learn the needs of each athlete, I will tailor my advice to suit your needs.
For athletes who have attended my lifting classes previously, we will coaching based on what we have learned and accomplished in past training sessions
I look forward to working with all of you. My big payoff is seeing you enthusiastic and having a great time because you can see that you are making good progress.